Have a Question?
We have an answer. Learn all about living at Northview Apartments by utilizing our resource library.
Resident Services and Fees
Deliveries and Parcels
Packages have a way of arriving when you are not home. To help out, we are happy to accept parcels delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf.
Renter's Insurance is required of our residents. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and may pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at our community, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime. Please contact the leasing office for more information.
Important Telephone Numbers
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: 317-327-3811
Fire Department: 317-327-6041
Northview Middle School/Junior High
North Central High School
Refundable Deposit: $250.00
Non-Refundable Administration Fee: $50.00
Application Fee: $35.00* Per Person
Pet Policy: $15.00 Monthly Pet Fee, Per Pet
$150.00 Pet Deposit, Per Pet
$150.00 Pet Fee
*2 Pets per Apartment
Breed Restrictions apply
Utility Setup fee: $10.00
Trash Fee: $5.00
Monthly Utility Administration Fee: $4.00
(Water & Sewer are billed separately based on sq. ft & occupant count)
Parking: $25.00 Per Month Covered Carport Rental
Within 48 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a Northview associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we’ll take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the Northview office. We’ll do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- No AC in extremely hot temperatures (excess of 80 degrees inside or the resident has a medical condition requiring conditioning)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
Meanwhile, here are a few guidelines for handling some possible issues:
Electrical (power failure
- Determine if there is an area power failure and that your electricity payments are up to date.
- Check your circuit breakers. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, and then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
Plumbing (stoppage or overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
Keys and Locks
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact a local locksmith.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
If you lose power in the kitchen or bathroom/vanity area, push reset button.
Light Bulb Replacement
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please don’t hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to help!
Caring For Your Apartment
- Residents may not order any outside service or repair to any fixture or equipment belonging to Management. Any such expense incurred will be borne by Resident unless pre-authorized in writing by Management.
- Cleaning of your range and refrigerator must be done at least weekly. Exercise care to prevent chipping/scratching/burning appliances and countertops. Always use a cutting board and hot pads.
- Care must be taken to prevent damage by chipping/scratching of bathroom fixtures.
- Your garbage disposal will accommodate leafy fruits and vegetables and soft garbage only. Absolutely no bones, grease, coffee grounds, orange peels, onion peels, fruit seeds or other fibrous material may be placed in the disposal. Grease must be accumulated in a jar with a lid and disposed of in the nearest trash receptacle. When used properly, the disposal will operate efficiently and effectively. If the disposal becomes clogged due to improper use, you will be charged for the service call. To operate disposal, first run cold water then slowly put small amounts of food into the disposal, allowing the food to be ground and drained before adding more food. Run cold water before, during and after disposing. To keep disposal blades sharp, empty a tray of ice cubes down the disposal once every two weeks.
- All doors, interior and exterior must be kept free of stickers, tape, nails, etc. Any damage caused by such will be charged accordingly.
- Do not attempt to flush any item down the toilet that could cause the toilet to become clogged (this includes all personal hygiene products). Do not pour grease into any sink or toilet. If it should become necessary to have the toilet or sink unclogged due to negligence, you will be charged for the service call. The cost of repair or replacement of other equipment or furnishings of Management will be charged to you.
- You must keep the apartment in a clean, neat, sanitary and pest-free condition. If Management, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems your apartment to be unkempt, dirty or unsanitary, we will inform you in writing of same, and you must, within twenty four (24) hours of receipt of such notice clean the apartment so that it is satisfactory to Management.
- If the apartment becomes infested with pest of any kind (including, but not limited to insects, vermin and rodents) it shall be your obligation to inform Management of sameimmediately. Management will arrange for treatment of the problem with its employees or an outside vendor and in either case, you will be responsible to reimburse Management for the cost of same.
Caring For Your Community
One of the things our residents find most attractive about Northview Apartments is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Maintaining that look requires everyone’s cooperation, and as a result, the community does not allow the installation of wires, aerials, radio, clotheslines, or other lines on roofs, patios, balconies, windows, or any part of the building or premises.
Disturbances and Noises
Please refrain from excessive volume when playing your stereo, radio and television. Your conduct should be such so as not to become embarrassing, offensive, or disturbing to other residents or to Management. Management wants you to enjoy yourself, but please not at the expense of your neighbor’s comfort and rights.
The residents and members of their family, visitors and guest shall at all times conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to interfere with the enjoyment, comfort and safety of other residents. Your apartment is your home, free from interruption by Management, unless you or your guests disturb other residents of the Northview community. Televisions, stereo or photograph units, radios or any other sound producing system, musical instruments or other equipment are not to be operated or played at such volume, at unreasonable times or in any manner detrimental to the enjoyment and comfort of the residents in other apartments. The Resident understands that there will be a certain level of ordinary noise such as from footsteps, doors, pets, stereos, appliances and conversation.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Please insure that your trash is put in plastic bags and securely tied before placing them inside the dumpsters. Do not place trash outside the dumpster areas. Please do not leave trash bags or boxes in hallway for later disposal. Residents are responsible for taking all trash to the dumpster located nearest to them on the property and place the trash inside the Dumpster. Residents moving in and out may not use the dumpster for excessive boxes, or for any furniture, appliances, or large items. All boxes of any size should be folded flat before being placed in the compactor.
Grounds and Breezeways
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacle. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door. We love to see a standard front door mat, potted plant, and seasonal decor gracing your entry, but anything else doesn’t really help in our community efforts to keep things looking neat and clean.
- Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas, hallways or elevators.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Patios and Balconies
All balconies or patios must be kept clean and clear of storage items. Hanging of clothes, garments or rugs over railing of balconies or patios will not be permitted. Patios or balconies should not be used for anything except patio furniture, flower boxes and plants; they are not to be used for storage under any circumstances. For safety, please do not place plants on balcony railings.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation isn’t allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office. We’ll take care of it.
Weapons and Firearms
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
Community Recreation and Amenities
Cardio Center: No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the exercise room unless accompanied by an adult Resident.
Clubhouse: No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted in the clubhouse.
Laundry Center: If there is an issue with a washer or dryer please call Coinmach at (877) 264-6622 or you can submit a request or refund online at http://www.coinmach.com. You will need a model number located on each machine.
No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted in the laundry center.
Swimming Pool: Safety of our residents is the main concern of our staff. The pool rules include, but are not limited to:
WARNING, NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!
- No food, glass containers, breakable objects, pets, or electrical items are allowed in the pool area.
- Rough-housing, diving and running are not permitted.
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a legal guardian.
- Adults must supervise their children and guest at all times.
- These guidelines are to ensure safety in our community. The Management reserves the right to amend these policies without notice.
- Guest are permitted with residents only. You are responsible for the actions of guest. Repeated violation of these rules could result in being banned from the pool. Guest will be limited during heavy use period.
- Please wear proper swimming attire in the pool and hot tub. NO CUTOFFS OR DIAPERS.
- Swimmers may use the Clubhouse restrooms if wearing shoes and cover-up, but are not permitted in other areas of the Clubhouse.
You agree to abide by rules and regulations established for use of recreation and service facilities provided by Management.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash compacter or other vehicles
Bicycles and Motorcycles
All state regulations that apply on the street will apply at Northview community. All vehicles, including motorcycles and mini-bikes, must be properly licensed, and all operators must be licensed as well. No one under age is allowed to operate a motor vehicle of any type on the grounds of the community at any time. All motorcycles, mini-bikes and bicycles must be parked in the racks or areas provided at all times. Any bikes, mini-bikes or motorcycles found in the courtyards, apartments, balconies, sidewalks or lawns may be impounded by Management.
Carports are reserved areas. Only residents paying a monthly fee to Management may park in the reserved garages.
Dogs and cats are welcome at Northview Apartments but we do have a few restrictions:
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate dogs larger than 80lbs.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment but only one dog per apartment.
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, Akitas, Mastiff breeds, Wolf hybrids, Rhodesian Ridgebacks or German Shepherds.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out. A $50 clean up fee will be charged to pet owners that do not clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- An aquarium is fine, but if it holds more than 50 gallons of water, we need you to have insurance for it.
- Sorry, but we can’t allow any wild, exotic, endangered or poisonous animals, reptiles, or birds to be in residence at Northview Apartments.
- For the community’s rules about other types of pets, please check with the office. We’ll be happy to provide more information.
Rent Payment And Lease Agreement
Rent Payment Guidelines
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $50 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the 15th day of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $50 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
Resident is responsible for paying all utilities.
Lease Terms and Renewal
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. The lengths of renewal lease terms vary, but usually do not exceed thirteen months. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you may be required to pay monthly rent premiums over and about the stated market rent. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 60-day written notice to vacate.
Transferring to Another Apartment
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. As a result, a notice to move out from one roommate is considered as a notice from all roommates residing in the apartment.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At Northview Apartments, we are committed to
the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom and four occupants in a two bedroom. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.
We offer corporate apartments! You can find them here Northview - Corporate Apartments.